Saturday, October 25, 2008

a letter to mommy

Dear Mommy,

I don't mean to be so destructive. Those markers just looked like fun and I didn't know that that vile of methylene blue from Thomas's science kit would leave such a bad stain on your carpet. Really, I didn't. To be honest, I think it's Thomas's fault. He should pick up his stuff when he's done with it! And maybe you shouldn't make cookies anymore and instead watch my every move.

I am hoping and praying that those professional carpet cleaners will be able to get it out next week. And next time when I decide to get into things that look like fun but that I shouldn't touch I'll be sure to play with them inside the closet so that when you close the door the damage I do will be hidden.

I'm sorry Mommy. I love you.

Love,
Ava Mae

6 comments:

Wendy said...

that's a busy little age, huh.
i hope it comes out.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You must have some serious patience, Darcy! I hope it comes out too. :)

~Andrea L.

Anonymous said...

Did Ava have the remorse shown in the letter..maybe not at her age but, I'm sure she felt bad, huh? As they get older, they do less and less of these sneaky things!

Unknown said...

The stain isn't cute but what a sweet note!! :)

Anonymous said...

lol, she is really on a tear lately!

Jules said...

Cute! I think Lily needs to write me one of those letters! lol.