Tuesday, August 03, 2010

skatepark

Elle Marie is one brave girl!  She bought a skateboard this summer and Thomas has been teaching her how to ride it.  We went to a skate park yesterday and she learned how to 'drop in' on a ramp.  She took a few hard hits learning but was happy when she got it.  All I can say is that I am thankful for helmets and pads!

Thomas was trying to master a trick called 'Rock to Fakie'.  I have no idea what that means.  I do not get skateboarding lingo.  He met some boys there and it sounded like they were speaking a foreign language when they talked skateboarding. 

Ava just had fun sliding down the ramps like a slide.  Her shorts were black by the time we left. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darcy, Your kiddos have grown so much since you began blogging! Elle is brave! I am not sure I'd even try that. lol! Good for her. Glad to see you all enjoying the warm weather.

Andrea L.

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is a gutsy girl! I sure wouldn't attempt it. Looks like she's being taught well by brother!

Anonymous said...

Go Elle! I think wearing a Hello Kitty shirt helps when taking on new challenges. :-)
...and what a great big brother to patiently instruct.
Then there's the sweet girl of golden curls, sliding on her sitting place and then wearing the evidence..that's exactly what my sweet littlest girl would do too.
Enjoy these last days of summer.
Take extra good care,
Jen

Wendy said...

Hi Darcy! Hope you guys are having a great start to the school year!!

Counting Coconuts said...

Hi Darcy,

I haven't been here in a while and came by today to gather one of your lovely recipes - image my delight when I saw you've been posting over the past several months! I was an avid reader of your blog and so of course I took some time to catch up. :) It looks as though you've had a wonderful winter, spring and summer!

I have to tell you, I truly enjoy your posts and I find a good deal of comfort in them. I'm originally from Minnesota and so the scenery is wonderfully familiar. I'm also a homeschooler, knitter, baker and crafty thing maker. :) Oh and your Eva was born exactly a year to the date before my James, so I can relate to the quirky behaviors of a preschooler!

Anyway, as usual I've rambled on - really just wanted to say hello and that I'm glad you're here! :)

Warmly,
Mari-Ann