Monday, April 19, 2010

decorative bean balls

Scott had to travel for work last week and since I do not sleep well when he is gone I had lots of time for crafting and watching way too much HGTV.  I am so thankful the days of him traveling 2-3 weeks a month are a thing of the past!  Anyway, this bean ball project (tutorial here) kept me busy for awhile.  I had everything on hand and kept glueing beans until I ran out of glue sticks.  Mine are made of white navy beans and coffee beans.  I think they look pretty cool.  The glue is more noticeable in the picture than it is in person.  I painted the styrofoam balls brown before I covered them with the coffee beans.  After I restock my supply of gluesticks I will make a couple more to fill up the bowl.

I found the link to this project at One Pretty Thing.  There is endless crafing inspiration at that site!

6 comments:

Raquel said...

Very cute! I might have to try those when my husband travels b/c I know how you feel. It's like a caffeine high all night long.It is a great time to get crafts done and coupons clipped and watch those shows that he doesn't like:) My husband will be traveling up to your area later this week but I'm hoping it's just a day thing and not overnight:(
Raquel

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! That looks like a fun project and neat centerpiece! I'm not sure if Kev would approve of me using his coffee beans for a craft..He'd probably say..."How are we going to brew them now?"..I suppose I'd have to have plenty on hand.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those are so cool, Darcy! But I simply cannot imagine doing three of those things, bean by bean. You have more patients than I. :)

Andrea L.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant "patience" lol!

Andrea L.

Erin said...

Yours look wonderful! Great idea to use the coffee beans, I didn't think about that, but I love the rich deep color it has!

Thanks for finding my tutorial and giving it a try!