Tuesday, June 16, 2009

blue skies and sunshine

Sunday we finally had our first day of summer. After church we came home, packed a lunch and spent the rest of the day just relaxing and soaking up the sun. Too much sun actually, Scott and I are both a little red. It was sunny, 82 degrees (that is hot to us!) and there was no wind. The water is still very cold. We just put our toes in.

I keep going missing from this little blog and it will probably be that way most of the summer. We have a lot of projects going on around here. I've been busy planting, painting, and staining. I am hoping the warm weather is here to stay so that we can spend more time enjoying the lake.

This picture of Ava on the boat makes me smile. She's just having a little snack of goldfish crackers. :) I had given her the bag to take a few handfuls out and instead she dumped the entire thing out!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

That is what my Caleb would be doing, Goldfish and a show! Enjoy your summer, the weather looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear someone else is enjoying the summer and not so worried about bloggin'. I don't feel so guilty now for keeping my computer off! Our lake water is pretty chilly here too!

Autryville said...

While I'll miss your more frequent updates, I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer! See you in the fall...

Wendy said...

Hope you are having a great summer!

Love that last picture - reminds me of my 4 yr. old!