Monday, November 17, 2008

menu plan monday

Last week I got Ina Garten's new cookbook, Back to Basics. There are so many recipes that I want to try in it! This week I am looking forward to trying her recipe for Roasted Shrimp Cocktail. I like shrimp but don't care for it cold like in most shrimp cocktail so am looking forward to giving it a try this way. Scott and I went out for dinner on Friday night and I had a salad with a yummy vinaigrette and goat cheese on it and hope that her recipe for Salad with Warm Goat Cheese comes close to it.

Monday (Happy Birthday Elle!) At her request we will have donuts for breakfast and Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for lunch. For dinner she chose Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and a Garden Salad.

Tuesday – Lighter General Tso’s Chicken with Brown Rice

Wednesday (church night) – Sandwiches/Leftovers

Thursday –
Ritzy Chicken Nuggets, Garden Salad, Apple Slices
Friday – Pizza

Saturday (All day shopping trip to the Mall of America for Elle and I! I’ll make a crockpot meal the night before and plug in it when we leave.) –
Taco Soup
Sunday – Roasted Shrimp Cocktail, Salad with Warm Goat Cheese

Breakfasts:

Pumpkin Bread

Egg Sandwiches
Yogurt, Granola & Fruit

Oatmeal

Lunches:

Refried Bean and Cheese Burritos
PB&J/Turkey Sandwiches

Dessert of the Week:
Birthday Cake (Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting, again!) and Cookie Dough Ice cream

Click here to see what other bloggers are making for dinner this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The roasted shrimp cocktail sounds yummy. You'll have to share the recipe if it's good.