Wednesday, May 23, 2007

works for me wednesday: tennis balls

This week I washed the down comforter on my bed and thought of my Works for Me Wednesday tip while doing it. I wash the comforter in my front load washing machine on the delicate setting in warm water. The trick comes when drying it though. Put 3 or 4 tennis balls in the dryer with it while it's drying (on a medium heat setting, not high) and they will keep beating at the feathers during the drying process so that they dry thoroughly and fluff up nice. I check on the comforter a few times throughout the drying cycle to be sure it isn't twisted and trap the tennis balls so that they can't do their job. Depending on the size of the comforter you may have to do more than one dry time setting on your machine. I would only recommend this tip if you have a large capacity washer and dryer though. It has worked well for me and saves the cost and hassle of taking it to the cleaners.

For more tips visit Rocks in My Dryer!

2 comments:

The Estrogen Files said...

Mine needs a wash and fluff SO BAD - gotta get some tennis balls and try this out. Great tip - I was wondering about putting it in the washer. Thanks.

Kimmy said...

what a great idea! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog... yeah - I hear those salad spinners are great. Will be back! ~ kim