
Scott got home yesterday afternoon. Yeah!! I took this picture of Ava with him last night. We even managed to get her smiling at the camera!Ava is just growing up so fast. She is getting quite a bit of hair, compared to when Elle was a baby anyway . She is eating solids at breakfast and dinner every day and has liked everything we've given her so far. The funniest thing she does that the other kids didn't do was roll over and over to get where she wants to go. The other day I laid her on the floor in the middle of my room to play and then I went into the bathroom to fix my hair and put my makeup on. Elle was in there with me putting her pretend makeup on. Ava didn't want to miss out on the fun so she just rolled, scooted and rolled to get over to my bathroom doorway. When she got there she gave us a big smile. :) Another thing that she does that makes me smile is when she's being laid down for her nap she will put her thumb in her mouth as soon as she sees her bed. She rarely sucks her thumb any other time but when she's sleepy and she knows that she's going to be laid down for a nap, in goes the thumb. :)
Thomas taught Elle to ride her bike without training wheels this week. Thomas took the training wheels off himself and she can now get on her bike and get going all by herself. She likes to go fast and try to do all of the tricks that Thomas does so I am just waiting for a crash and some tears here soon. I am ignoring my urge to wrap her up in bubble wrap and put a hockey goalie mask on her! :) The two rules that I made very clear are to stay away from the retaining wall and do not attempt to go down the driveway! Other than that she can ride as fast as she wants to and even go off the ramp made up of a landscaping timber and piece of plywood. I'll just say a prayer for her when she goes out to play and have the Strawberry Shortcake bandaides ready I guess. :) Scott sent me an article last week about a school banning playing tag at recess because kids can get hurt and it makes them feel excluded. Give me a break! We aren't afraid of a few bumps and bruises at our school. :)

3 comments:
Yeah - who thought tag was such a problem!! Like you said: "GIVE ME A BREAK!!!"
Love the photos and that smile.
Ava is sooooo cute! I love her smile!
HOW CUTE!!! Ava's smile is so adorable! I can just see Elle putter her makeup on with you!!! That is so cute! I miss you all so much!
Post a Comment